.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, February 26, 2005

One week after the Play

Its one week after acting in a Play. The play was a part of Aksharotsav-2005, an annual event conducted by AID-Minnesota Chapter. I am just coming back to reality and realizing that the play is really over and there is no need to go to rehersals anymore. On the whole it was a fun filled experience. Met many new people and got some good friends. The most important part was, there was a scene in the play which was modelled as a "musical" and yours truly was asked to sing and dance in the stage. For the first time in my life, more than 200+ people "had" to sit in the audience and watch me sing and dance on the stage. The very thought of that amused me. Being a "bathroom" singer, such a responsibility was truly an honor and I was happy to execute it. I wouldnt say I dint make any mistakes, but then on the whole I dint perform bad, so thats what counts.
The music was composed by Mukesh and he also played the guitar live during the play. This was a very "experimental" portion of the play, as you would have gussed. Till now this was never attempted in any play for this event. The musical part of the play went very well and people appreciated our efforts.

The photos of the play can be found

here


I hope to get more snaps and put it on the web.

Now back to reality, the reality called "grad life of research".

1 Comments:

Blogger The Last Blogger said...

I gotta say thats a first, imagining you singing in front of people and all. Should have been a lot of fun.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home